Training is an integral part of any thriving dive club, and that’s the same with us. We always have a small group of trainees that are taking their very first diving qualifications, or more advanced ones. So regardless of you experience, or lack of it, you’ll fit right in.
Our club is affiliated to the British Sub-Aqua Club (BSAC), which is the largest training organisation in the UK. BSAC is considered to be one of the most thorough training organisations in the world, but as a club, it does mean is that the instructors aren’t paid a salary. They’re ordinary members of the club that give there time up for the love of the sport to train new members. They’re also committed to training trainees very thoroughly, so that when you’ve finished your qualifications, you’ll be confident, skilled, and able to dive anywhere in the world. What we hope is that you’ll also go on to take your instructor qualifications and help train the next generation of divers.
Training Courses and Costs
- 8 Theory lectures and a theory exam
- Access to interactive learning section on BSAC website
- Full dive kit rental from the club – Air Cylinder, BCD, Regulators and Weight
- 8 – 10 approx. Pool sessions
- 6 – 8 approx. open water sessions (normally conducted at Stoney Cove in Leicestershire)
- All training materials, which includes qualification card, qualification record book, A5 binder, student theory notes and a diving manual.
- You will be qualified to dive to a maximum depth of 20m (65ft)
- 6 Lectures and a theory exam
- 3 – 4 approx. Pool sessions
- 6 – 8 approx. Open Water sessions
All training material, qualifications card, qualification record book, A5 binder and student notes
You will become qualified to dive to a maximum depth of 35m (115ft)
We are able to train beyond Sports Diver Qualifications as well as other specific BSAC Skills Development Courses. If you’d like to know a bit more about the specifics of diver training with BSAC, have a look at this useful resource that gives a break down of the different qualifications and what’s involved in getting them. Alternatively, get in touch via the contact form, come down to the club and we’ll happily answer all your questions over a drink.
We look forward to seeing you soon!